The nature of government is to spend more money than it has. This wanton spending creates inflation. Inflation eventually destroys almost all currencies that are capable of being manipulated by governments.
That’s why gold has always been a good money. Governments cannot manipulate (much) how much gold is in the ground and what it requires to mine it.
But governments will attack anything that threatens their ability to control money.
For example in the 1930s, gold rose in importance as the US economy collapsed. FDR signed Executive Order 6102, forbidding the “hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States”. The “Trading with the Enemy Act of 1917” and “Emergency Banking Act” were used to limit American gold ownership. The penalty could be as much as $10,000 and/or up to five to ten years in jail!
The stated reason for the ban was that hoarding of gold made the depression worse.
The real reason was to remove constraints on the Federal Reserve on increasing the money supply during the depression.
That law was not repealed until 1974.
This is why cryptocurrencies are at risk.
Image from “Diving into the Google Ban on Cryptocurrency Advertising” (1)
We can already see the US government resisting cryptocurrencies.
A Wall Street Journal article “Fed’s Powell Says Facebook’s Libra Raises ‘Serious Concerns” (2) shows that America’s central bank is owrried about the implication of Facebook’s cryptocurrency Libra’s.
The article says: Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and legislators in both parties expressed broad concern about Facebook Inc. ’s plan to create a cryptocurrency-based payment network, underscoring the intense legislative and regulatory scrutiny the project could face.
Mr. Powell, speaking to the Senate Banking Committee on Thursday, expressed doubt about the feasibility of launching the digital coin, dubbed Libra, on the timeline Facebook has targeted.
“I think we agree that Libra raises a lot of serious concerns, and those would include around privacy, money laundering, consumer protection, financial stability,” he said. “Those are going to need to be thoroughly and publicly assessed and evaluated before this proceeds.”
Libra could be different, in part because Facebook’s 1.56 billion daily users gives it the potential for widespread adoption.
“The size of Facebook’s network means it could be, essentially, immediately systemically important,” Mr. Powell said Thursday. “This should be subject to the highest level, the highest expectations in terms of privacy but also prudential regulation.”
An ancient Chinese saying goes like this. “First the man drinks the wine. Then the wine drinks the wine. Then the wine drinks the man.”
This quote describes the nature of institutions, such as rising US spending and debt. This cannot go on forever!
But governments begin by serving an idea that enhances mankind. Yet they endd up being served by man. As governments absorb themselves they lose the respect of those they were intended to serve.
This is true of the falling dollar.
To maintain itself governments revert to trickery or force. This is the case of the falling dollar.
The Western monetary system is based on deceit and trickery. However the game can only be played for so long and cryptocurrencies create a challenge.
We can see the IRS attacking as well as the Fed.
A Wall Street Journal article last week “IRS Sending Warning Letters to More Than 10,000 Cryptocurrency Holders” (3) details the initial battle.
The article says (bolds are mine): ‘Taxpayers should take these letters very seriously,’ IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig said
The Internal Revenue Service has begun sending letters to more than 10,000 cryptocurrency holders, warning they may have broken federal tax laws.
Investors, speculators and Facebook Inc. have extolled the potential of digital currencies.
At the same time, use by drug dealers and other nefarious actors has marred its reputation. The IRS has expressed worries about the ability of digital currencies to promote tax evasion.
An IRS spokesman declined to say how it learned about the targeted cryptocurrency holders and their transactions.
Share Your Thoughts
Do you think government should tax profits bitcoin trades? Join the conversation below.
One possible source is information provided to the agency by cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase. In mid-March of 2018, Coinbase provided data—under a federal-court order—on about 13,000 accounts as requested by the IRS.
Coinbase turned over data on customers who bought, sold, sent or received digital currency worth $20,000 or more between 2013 and 2015.
The data included the customer’s name, taxpayer identification number, birth date and address, plus account statements and the names of counterparties.
The sternest version of the letter, released Friday, asks recipients who believe they have followed the law to sign a statement declaring, under penalty of perjury, that they are in compliance with tax laws.
It also says the recipient should understand the IRS may be in touch with them.
Tax professionals warned that the letters shouldn’t be ignored.
Would you trust this man with your money?
Expect Facebook to be the big cryptocurrency target because they are so huge and also vulnerable. We can also see how the government’s attack has begun there in the New York Times article, “Forget the fine—we should have taken Facebook to court, says FTC commissioner” (4)
The article says: The settlement won’t force accountability or impose any restrictions on the way Facebook collects or uses people’s data, warned one of the FTC’s five commissioners.
It ain’t about the money: As it announced the fine yesterday, the Federal Trade Commission boasted that it had slapped Facebook with the biggest fine ever imposed on any company for violating consumers’ privacy. But Facebook’s share price actually went up when news of the fine leaked last week. If you want to know why, it’s worth reading this dissenting statement issued by commissioner Rebecca Kelly Slaughter.
What she said: It doesn’t change anything fundamental about Facebook’s practices, Slaughter said, and it won’t deter Facebook from breaking the law again in future. “Rather than accepting this settlement, I believe we should have initiated litigation against Facebook and its CEO Mark Zuckerberg,” she said.
Little chance of litigation: The settlement means the FTC now cannot prosecute Facebook for “any and all claims prior to June 12, 2019.”
My gut reaction is that big business is as likely to screw us as big government. I don’t think I can trust Facebook any more than I can trust the Fed or the Executive Branch or Congress or any part of the global political system.
Don’t get caught in the crossfire!
This is all new stuff… the loss of government control over territory and money. How institutions will react are impossible to predict, but like all wars, its best not to get caught in the middle of a battle.
One way to maintain peace and happiness is to live as a Pruppie. See what Pruppiesm means below
Live Anywhere – Earn EverywhereHow to Gain Extra Freedom – While Almost Everyone Loses Theirs. Profit from post COVID-19 trends.
I invite you to join Merri and me in expecting the world to get better… to live and earn based on that expectation but… to also prepare for bad times as well as good.
Just in case… the world goes sideways… we will still survive and prosper.
We do not give up anything much. We can enjoy the good parts of the new economy, as we protect ourselves from what can be bad.
For example in my report “Live Anywhere-Earn Everywhere”, you’ll see how to make your dining room table bring you more control, more time, more income and more freedom. After all, what can be more accessible than a dining room table?
Dining room tables we worked from (and we also sold the tables for a profit).
You’ll even learn how to turn dining room tables into income and tax deductions as we have with these dining room tables we build out of local wood.
Let me be clear. I expect that the world will get better, at least for the few who adapt and avoid the dangers that the changes from the COVID pandemic will bring.
The wealth of the world, albeit with inequality, will continue to grow. This collapse of the global economy will bring an incredible new opportunity for those who know what to do. Thes profit making avenues offer enormous income potential and even work well in disaster scenarios.
Let me provide one simple, concrete example. Ginseng.
This is a great health root. The demand is growing especially in China. At times good dried Ginseng sells for $1,000 a pound! This is an incredible and easy crop to grow. The less care you give it, the more valuable it can become. Yet if everything goes south, the health qualities will be good to have and make it an excellent barter item. Once you know what to do with ginseng, it’s easy to grow in your back yard.
Even better one of the best kept secrets is that ginseng and 125 other medicinal crops that are currently unsustainable but can be grown on land that is extraordinarily cheap.
Ginseng we grew in our back yard. I know about growing ginseng through experience and explain why and how in the report “Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere”.
Loquats are another example of an easy to grow crop that help promote natural health.
Here I am by one of the many loquat trees at our Florida farm.
Loquats are a great fruit for making jam and such, but the loquat leaf has amazing medicinal qualities. Its is a registered medicine in China and due to its anti viral and respiratory system enhancing qualities has an especially growing demand right now. The images below from Amazon.com show that the leaves sell for about a dollar per leaf!
I have many trees on the farm but started growing loquat seedlings last year.
Loquat leaf tea has become really important during the pandemic due to its respiratory strengthening qualities.
I have been drinking a lot of home made loquat leaf tea during the pandemic.
The report “Live Anywere-Earn Everywhere” shows specific places that reduce your living expenses, easily increases your income, makes you smarter, healthier and provides tax benefits as well.
There are specific places where property is especially inexpensive, now because previous owners do not know about the special qualities created by the pandemic.
Learn about these specific places. More important learn what makes these places special and seven freedom producing steps that you can use to find other similar spots of opportunity.
Here are some of the experiences this report shares:
The report includes a tax and career plan broken into four age groups, before you finish school, from age 25 to 50 – age 50-to 65 and what to do when you reach the age where tradition wants you to re-tire. (Another clue-you do not need to retire and probably should not).
The report is very specific because it is about what Merri and I, our children and even my sister and thousands of our readers have done and are doing.
Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere focuses on a system that takes advantage of living in Smalltown USA, but earning globally.
- Learn about the magic of the north facing slope. This is where Merri and I live almost half of our time. North facing mountain land is some of the least expensive in the world but has hidden values that the report reveals. There is a lot of this land and a lot of hidden value that you can tap. When we bought our Blue Ridge farm (252 acres) I mentioned this to my Swiss banking friend. “That’s bigger than the entire village where I live!” was his response. Smalltown USA offers a last chance at having a lot of space. By living in two Smalltown places there are enormous tax advantages as well. One step in the system saves Merri and me over $28,345 in taxes a year.
The report shows how to buy cheap north facing slopes and create an income producing tiny home for $29,000 or less.
If you lack the $29,000 to invest, a start up using tents is even less. These are tipis we put up at our farm before we built our first tiny home. Learn how they can create tens of thousands of dollars in income for you.
- See ways that small businesses like Tipi rentals can be enhanced by the pandemic but also create BIG tax savings as well as extra income. For more than 30 years Merri and I have enjoyed a strong six figure income, some years more, in the millions. Yet there have been very few years when we had to pay federal income tax. The report lays out a three structure program and how it is used when you are in school (up to age 30), then from 25 to 50, 50 to 70 and beyond 70. Learn why Chapter C corporations and pensions can be better than the normally recommended Chapter S. See how new mileage log rules gives you a possible opportunity to increase your tax deductions using IRS Form 4562. Using a two-vehicle strategy you can gain $12,976 in new deductions even if you do not have to drive one mile further or spend one additional penny on your car.
- See how a greenhouse can help you eat better and be healthier, plus provide income and a tax deduction and be funded by a government grant.
Our North Carolina greenhouse.
Our Florida greenhouse.
- There are similar benefits from having a second home office defined in IRS publication 463 and IRS publication 587, even if your desk is a dining room table. The report also shows how your dining room table can become an actual income producer as its creates a huge tax deduction at the same time, not to mention a great place to eat, work and lay out plans for a brighter, safer more lucrative and enjoyable future.
- Living in this environment is also healthier, economically as well as physically. You’ll see in the report how researchers at Harvard found an amazing correlation between living in conditions found on north facing slopes, longevity and mental health. The researchers were quite surprised by this strong correlation that also extended into mental health. In addition to feeling better, reducing stress and having more Joie de Vivre the places outlined in “Live Anywhere-Earn Everywhere” can help you avoid hospitals, high cost disease management (aka health care) and BIG pharma while providing an investment opportunity in three plants that have some of the fastest growing demand in natural health care. These three plants are just one of seven business opportunities that can create multiple streams of income.
- How changes in cell phone and internet technology eliminated the need to be in one place. An old law that creates new opportunity for small business in small towns is available to everyone.
- Use the specific search and purchase guide. Construction plans are included that show how to generate first tier income that leads to five, second tier avenues of earnings.
- How to pay off old debt and avoid new debt by avoiding spurts and embracing value.
- Learn seven skills that will always have value. See how to turn First Aid, medicinal plants, hospitality, food, trees, alternate energy and writing to sell into everlasting, low stress wealth.
This pond we created at our farm brought us pleasure but also helped create a safe, healthy food supply, extra income and a tax deduction as well.
This may be the most important report I have written in 50 years. The information is certainly the most urgent. Do not delay. The risks are upon us right now and you’ll understand how the final steps of the alliance are taking place as you read the current news.
To take any risk out of gaining this urgent information with my full satisfaction or money back guarantee. If you are not totally happy, simply let me know. I guarantee you can ask for a full refund any time within 60 days and I’ll refund your payment in full, no questions asked.
You can keep the reports as my thanks for ordering it.