Here I am in our orange grove.
Here are three more reasons why you may want to join us in Lake County… to learn about opportunity in gold… the green gold of citrus.
Simply put… Florida real estate prices are down… food prices are rising and as you’ll see below citrus groves present special opportunity now.
This site has promoted the idea of investing in agriculture for more than a decade so when Merri and I started investing back in Florida we invested in Lake County, which is surrounded by these fast growing strong farming communities.
One benefit we especially liked is Lake County’s agricultural economy. A 2011 USA Today article entitled “Economic expert sees trouble ahead; Housing market municipalities may be in for a rough ride” by Maria Bartiromo shows how agricultural land has already become increasingly profitable. Here is an excerpt from this article: Meredith Whitney seems to be softening her concerns about a looming muni meltdown as politicians across the country address fiscal challenges more aggressively. She says a new area of strength is emerging in one part of the country where debt was not an issue: the agricultural belt.
There are parts of the economy that are doing very well. As a food producer, the economy in the middle part of the country’s doing well.
The ag-rich states are going to be Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Texas to a certain extent because it is a massive beneficiary of the price of oil. It’s the central part of the U.S., you can almost draw a triangle around it, what I call the emerging markets of the U.S. It speaks to how dynamic and strong the U.S. economy really is. It’s just shifting. The U.S. is a composite of many different economies.
Indeed and Florida is a composite of many different economies as well.
Map from plant medicine program at University of Florida (linked below). This map shows Lake County’s economy enriched by citrus, plants, grapes and vegetables.
The citrus economy in central Florida has a special problem that may create even more opportunity.
Excerpts from a 2011 NPR.org article entitled “Abandoned Citrus Groves Produce Problems In Fla.” by Greg Allen show the second reasons why there is special opportunity in citrus now. Here is an excerpt: Florida is a national leader in orange and grapefruit production.
But in the past few years, landowners have given up on more than 100,000 acres of citrus groves, which have become a threat to producers of the state’s signature crop.
The abandoned groves are breeding grounds for pests and diseases.
Dying Citrus Groves
Indian River, on Florida’s Atlantic coast, is known for its world-class grapefruits, oranges and tangelos. This time of year, many trees are still heavy with fruit. But there are also many groves that aren’t doing so well.
Citrus growers have always had to fight disease. But in recent years, here in Florida, it has seemed that disease is getting the upper hand. Most recently, two diseases — canker and citrus greening — have been very difficult to control, requiring more care and nearly constant spraying.
Those diseases helped push many producers out of citrus. But Christine Kelly-Begazo says there’s another compelling factor: falling land prices.
Kelly-Begazo is an agriculture extension agent with the University of Florida in Indian River County. She says during the housing boom, speculators paid top dollar for citrus groves.
“Now, if you bought acreage at that time speculating that you were going to be able to make some money off of agriculture or development or whatever, and the development boom busted, there’s no incentive now,” she says. “And that acreage is actually costing you money now. So they’ve abandoned the groves, but they’re not building on them either.”
Citrus producers in Indian River have begun a program to bulldoze and burn trees in abandoned groves. But it’s costly and depends on the cooperation of sometimes absentee owners.
This is the latest of many challenges for an industry that has long grown one of Florida’s most lucrative crops.
Consider this. Most investors think Florida real estate is in trouble. It is… some of it. Yet this broad paint brush thinking masks over the fact that ag rich areas have extra potential. Ag economies are growing rich and parts of Florida are very different… because they are mainly agricultural. Some parts of Florida have abundant water… great agricultural potential and offer extra opportunity because developers who planned to shift ag land to residential property cannot now do so.
I followed my own advice and invested in citrus, but in a special way… taking on a troubled grove.
Many of you know that we always look for value and in real estate especially we look for fixer uppers. We took the same approach to citrus because we also knew about Bio Wash.
About a third of the trees in the grove we purchased had root rot. The needed to be replaced.
We had to call in big machines like… this
to yank out 500 (about a third) of our trees so our grove that looked like this… now…
looks like this.
That’s farming for you!
You can see our home is surrounded by citrus groves and that our grove (inside the tan circle) could appear to look pretty shot.
Yet we are excited because…
we just sprayed the 1000+ remaining trees…
Last year we had some good news when our grove manager wrote: “Last year we used your Bio Wash and we are prepared to use it for you again. The trees do look much better this year.”
Our hunch was correct. The year before we bought the grove all 1,500 trees produced 1801 boxes of oranges.
We removed one third of the lower producing trees in a grove management plan. We sprayed the remaining 2/3rd with Bio Wash.
With 500 fewer trees, the grove produced 2,484 boxes of oranges in our first year.
In other words, last year the average was a yield of about 1.2 boxes of naval oranges a tree. This year the average yield was 2.4 boxes a tree… double. This increased the income of the grove 37% with 33% less trees.
Our grove manager is one of the largest in Florida. Farmers are conservative so our dinky grove will have to do more than this to make them look at this seriously.
So we asked them to spray with Bio Wash twice in 2011-2012. We did and the harvest is in with 3,394 boxes though we still only have 2/3rd as many producing trees as 2009-2010. Production is up from one box a tree in 2009-2010 to 2.83 boxes this year. With strong citrus prices, I expect to have tripled the grove while making it more environmentally friendly and perhaps letting the big boys in this business at least take a glance.
This has also made the grove extremely profitable.
I have been reading some great books about citrus and one added benefit is the…
food. We have our own… Naval… Hamlin, Tangelo, Tangerine, Lemon, Lime as well as white and ruby red grapefruit. Chef Allen Susser gave us some great recipes.
At our courses when delegates visit we load them up with fresh squeezed juice… plus…
these grilled grapefruit just out of our oven delicious… plus imagine
tangerine and orange fruit soup! We squeeze the citrus right off the trees.
Finally the perfume of the orange blossom (starting just now) is overwhelmingly wonderful!
Citrus is the only fruit that remains ripe on the tree and has fruit and blossoms at the same time.
Live Anywhere – Earn EverywhereHow to Gain Extra Freedom – While Almost Everyone Loses Theirs. Profit from post COVID-19 trends.
I invite you to join Merri and me in expecting the world to get better… to live and earn based on that expectation but… to also prepare for bad times as well as good.
Just in case… the world goes sideways… we will still survive and prosper.
We do not give up anything much. We can enjoy the good parts of the new economy, as we protect ourselves from what can be bad.
For example in my report “Live Anywhere-Earn Everywhere”, you’ll see how to make your dining room table bring you more control, more time, more income and more freedom. After all, what can be more accessible than a dining room table?
Dining room tables we worked from (and we also sold the tables for a profit).
You’ll even learn how to turn dining room tables into income and tax deductions as we have with these dining room tables we build out of local wood.
Let me be clear. I expect that the world will get better, at least for the few who adapt and avoid the dangers that the changes from the COVID pandemic will bring.
The wealth of the world, albeit with inequality, will continue to grow. This collapse of the global economy will bring an incredible new opportunity for those who know what to do. Thes profit making avenues offer enormous income potential and even work well in disaster scenarios.
Let me provide one simple, concrete example. Ginseng.
This is a great health root. The demand is growing especially in China. At times good dried Ginseng sells for $1,000 a pound! This is an incredible and easy crop to grow. The less care you give it, the more valuable it can become. Yet if everything goes south, the health qualities will be good to have and make it an excellent barter item. Once you know what to do with ginseng, it’s easy to grow in your back yard.
Even better one of the best kept secrets is that ginseng and 125 other medicinal crops that are currently unsustainable but can be grown on land that is extraordinarily cheap.
Ginseng we grew in our back yard. I know about growing ginseng through experience and explain why and how in the report “Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere”.
Loquats are another example of an easy to grow crop that help promote natural health.
Here I am by one of the many loquat trees at our Florida farm.
Loquats are a great fruit for making jam and such, but the loquat leaf has amazing medicinal qualities. Its is a registered medicine in China and due to its anti viral and respiratory system enhancing qualities has an especially growing demand right now. The images below from Amazon.com show that the leaves sell for about a dollar per leaf!
I have many trees on the farm but started growing loquat seedlings last year.
Loquat leaf tea has become really important during the pandemic due to its respiratory strengthening qualities.
I have been drinking a lot of home made loquat leaf tea during the pandemic.
The report “Live Anywere-Earn Everywhere” shows specific places that reduce your living expenses, easily increases your income, makes you smarter, healthier and provides tax benefits as well.
There are specific places where property is especially inexpensive, now because previous owners do not know about the special qualities created by the pandemic.
Learn about these specific places. More important learn what makes these places special and seven freedom producing steps that you can use to find other similar spots of opportunity.
Here are some of the experiences this report shares:
The report includes a tax and career plan broken into four age groups, before you finish school, from age 25 to 50 – age 50-to 65 and what to do when you reach the age where tradition wants you to re-tire. (Another clue-you do not need to retire and probably should not).
The report is very specific because it is about what Merri and I, our children and even my sister and thousands of our readers have done and are doing.
Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere focuses on a system that takes advantage of living in Smalltown USA, but earning globally.
- Learn about the magic of the north facing slope. This is where Merri and I live almost half of our time. North facing mountain land is some of the least expensive in the world but has hidden values that the report reveals. There is a lot of this land and a lot of hidden value that you can tap. When we bought our Blue Ridge farm (252 acres) I mentioned this to my Swiss banking friend. “That’s bigger than the entire village where I live!” was his response. Smalltown USA offers a last chance at having a lot of space. By living in two Smalltown places there are enormous tax advantages as well. One step in the system saves Merri and me over $28,345 in taxes a year.
The report shows how to buy cheap north facing slopes and create an income producing tiny home for $29,000 or less.
If you lack the $29,000 to invest, a start up using tents is even less. These are tipis we put up at our farm before we built our first tiny home. Learn how they can create tens of thousands of dollars in income for you.
- See ways that small businesses like Tipi rentals can be enhanced by the pandemic but also create BIG tax savings as well as extra income. For more than 30 years Merri and I have enjoyed a strong six figure income, some years more, in the millions. Yet there have been very few years when we had to pay federal income tax. The report lays out a three structure program and how it is used when you are in school (up to age 30), then from 25 to 50, 50 to 70 and beyond 70. Learn why Chapter C corporations and pensions can be better than the normally recommended Chapter S. See how new mileage log rules gives you a possible opportunity to increase your tax deductions using IRS Form 4562. Using a two-vehicle strategy you can gain $12,976 in new deductions even if you do not have to drive one mile further or spend one additional penny on your car.
- See how a greenhouse can help you eat better and be healthier, plus provide income and a tax deduction and be funded by a government grant.
Our North Carolina greenhouse.
Our Florida greenhouse.
- There are similar benefits from having a second home office defined in IRS publication 463 and IRS publication 587, even if your desk is a dining room table. The report also shows how your dining room table can become an actual income producer as its creates a huge tax deduction at the same time, not to mention a great place to eat, work and lay out plans for a brighter, safer more lucrative and enjoyable future.
- Living in this environment is also healthier, economically as well as physically. You’ll see in the report how researchers at Harvard found an amazing correlation between living in conditions found on north facing slopes, longevity and mental health. The researchers were quite surprised by this strong correlation that also extended into mental health. In addition to feeling better, reducing stress and having more Joie de Vivre the places outlined in “Live Anywhere-Earn Everywhere” can help you avoid hospitals, high cost disease management (aka health care) and BIG pharma while providing an investment opportunity in three plants that have some of the fastest growing demand in natural health care. These three plants are just one of seven business opportunities that can create multiple streams of income.
- How changes in cell phone and internet technology eliminated the need to be in one place. An old law that creates new opportunity for small business in small towns is available to everyone.
- Use the specific search and purchase guide. Construction plans are included that show how to generate first tier income that leads to five, second tier avenues of earnings.
- How to pay off old debt and avoid new debt by avoiding spurts and embracing value.
- Learn seven skills that will always have value. See how to turn First Aid, medicinal plants, hospitality, food, trees, alternate energy and writing to sell into everlasting, low stress wealth.
This pond we created at our farm brought us pleasure but also helped create a safe, healthy food supply, extra income and a tax deduction as well.
This may be the most important report I have written in 50 years. The information is certainly the most urgent. Do not delay. The risks are upon us right now and you’ll understand how the final steps of the alliance are taking place as you read the current news.
To take any risk out of gaining this urgent information with my full satisfaction or money back guarantee. If you are not totally happy, simply let me know. I guarantee you can ask for a full refund any time within 60 days and I’ll refund your payment in full, no questions asked.
You can keep the reports as my thanks for ordering it.