One of our self publishing students has just been featured in the prestigious Washington Post.
Here is what Janet Pearson, a student of our self publishing course just wrote:
“Gary & Merri, I’m excited to share this with you — I’m quoted in The Washington Post tomorrow! Janet
The Washington Post quote says:
“Family separations resulting from duty-station changes and deployments often put additional financial stress on military personnel, said Janet Pearson, publisher of Military-Money-Matters.com.
“I think the other part of the problem is a lack of financial education,” said Pearson, who spent five years as an attorney in the Navy’s Judge Advocate General’s Corps. As a Navy attorney, she frequently provided advice to service members and their families on financial issues.
Another student who took the same self publishing course, Michelle Toole wrote:
“I have some exciting news. According to outside ranking sources my site; healthy-holistic-living.com is in the TOP 1% of all web sites on the internet today for traffic statistics!
“Simply put my year and half old, little, one man show web site has more traffic coming to it than most web sites on the internet today! You can check out my results at http://results.sitesell-sbi.com (click on Health & Medicine) Thanks to Site Build It, I was able to accomplish this without the expertise of a web master and in a very short period of time!
“To get technical, according to Alexa.com I am in the Top 1% out of 100,000,000 sites but in all actuality there are about 160,000,000 sites but why quibble?
“Of course garysascott.com has been in the Top 1% for quite sometime but I am nipping at your heals………..the little guy strikes again! much love Michelle.”
Your own multi currency business, serving clients globally is a great way to protect against the falling US dollar, inflation and an economic downturn. The sun always shines somewhere.
This is why we are providing a FREE course on how to develop your own internet business written by Michelle Toole. To read earlier lesson from this course click on course in pdf form
Here is Michelle’s 26th lesson.
Does Your Site Need a Forum?
Well, first and foremost, what is an Internet forum?
Per Wikepedia, “an Internet forum is a web application for holding discussions and posting user-generated content. Internet forums are also commonly referred to as Web forums, message boards, discussion boards, (electronic) discussion groups, discussion forums, bulletin boards, fora (the Latin plural) or simply forums.”
So, one more time, does your site need a forum? You decide. Forums can be excellent community builders, PREsellers, and even credibility builders (if you do a good job moderating).
Here are some advantages of Internet forums:
1) They can play an important role in attracting repeat traffic and ongoing readership. Readers visit your website over and over again in order to see the update in the forums. Readers also return to your forum in order to view a discussion on some interesting topic or read an updated post. Forums encourage your readers to come back to your website again and again.
2) They can also help in making your site “STICKY”. Meaning visitors will tend to view more pages on your site and stay longer on your site to view comments by other readers, add additional posts as well as to see if people have responded to their posts.
3) They can be fast, inexpensive and an effective way of promoting your website, product or business. The forum administrator can send messages to all those who are using the forum so it creates another mailing list of sorts. If you are selling something new through your web site, then you have easy access to a private audience that is already sold on your information. As the membership of the forum grows the strength of the advertising impact will grow as well.
4) They are a direct and easy source of revenue through the use of adsense and selling of add space. The revenue produced by this is directly related to the number of members on the forum but as your forum grows this is an easy extra source of income that is acceptable to most forum users.
However, an Internet forum is not for every business. There are three key prerequisites for success…
First, Your site should receive high-volume traffic — there is nothing sadder than a dead forum.
Second, Your theme/topic should lend itself well to discussion (i.e., attracts an especially passionate audience).
Third, YOU must be willing to put an hour per day into it (an un-moderated forum is of little value, as the quality of postings can quickly deteriorate and hurt your credibility).
Other pre-launch considerations/preparations include…
• an interesting selection of discussion topics so as to attract broad-based participation
• potential guest moderators — their assistance can reduce the workload for you, plus give additional credibility to your business.
The most important question to ask yourself is…
“Do the benefits of a forum outweigh the efforts required to start up and maintain one?”
Your answer has two potential directions…
a) You are not sure of the “time vs. reward benefits” offered by a forum. No problem. Hold off for now. You can always start one later.
b) Forums are right for you. Great! Spend a little time researching the different forum software and hosting companies. There is quite a bit of competition out there so take your time and find the perfect fit for your goals.
An Internet forum can act as an excellent source of revenue for your web business, but be sure that before you take this step you have the traffic and the desire to maintain your forum!
Look for my future articles where we discuss additional monetization options, search engine optimization, incoming links, additional e-zine techniques, link exchange programs and much more…..
You can check out Michelle’s web site at http://healthy-holistic-living.com. To get more great tips, like the ones above and to see how and what tools she used to create a successful on-line business go to http://sitesell-sbi.com
One great thing about self publishing is you can work anywhere. Here I am working in my outdoor office on our isolated farm.
How We Can Serve You
Or in Ecuador.