American born and bred, I knew nothing about investing aboard. This was my first airplane trip, first time out of Oregon. Portland to Vancouver, Tokyo to Hong Kong. Melting within my heavy woolen blazer, weariness and fear swept over me. But there was excitement too. An incredible global investing journey was about to begin.
Here I was, 21 years old
Here is the first stamp in that first passport. That stamp you might say was my first international investment.
Who could have known how exciting the next 39 years would be, how much information, facts, figures, ideas and insights on how to invest globally would be gained. Had I known the mistakes to be made I would probably have run! Thankfully all the trials, tortures and errors were mitigated by much fun and an earnest endeavor to live right and learn.
One goal at this site is to share basics of global investing and living an international life learned over these 39 years. Global investing has changed during this time but fundamentals remain immutable. We move inaccurately through the mists of the here and now, blindly trying to see what we cannot (the future) but unable to stop trying. Our goal is to share the excitement, the fun, the incredible fulfillment that growing in this ever expanding universe can bring.
Investing globally is not a panacea, but expanded horizons are. Life is a trip and we have an entire globe to enjoy the ride.
Our last two messages have looked at several warnings. Markets may be over valued. History suggests that this is a time when chances are increased for panic and sudden drops in investment markets. Investors who have proven themselves nervous short term thinkers are highly leveraged, in thin, over purchased markets that are easily sinkable boats treading the dangerous waters of May though October when tradition says the currents will most likely be treacherous and surrounded with lots of storms.
Yet there are many ways to sail through these valuation threats.
One way to get good international investments is to take a long term, expansive international view.
My first trip abroad 39 years ago was significant because 1968 was the beginning of a new era for world stock markets. When I arrived in Hong Kong the world of investing was dominated by Wall Street. That was about to end. 1968 was the year when the Hong Kong Stock Market began to explode upwards along with Tokyo’s market. What a ride!
The Heng Seng Index was then 100 and rose to 18,000. Anyone who steadily committed money to this market then made a fortune.
I can sum up my investment basic advice in seven sentences.
#1: 1970s. Invest in real estate, gold, silver Japan, Germany, Switzerland and Hong Kong.
#2: 1980s. Invest in real estate, the Tigers, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore Malaysia and South Korea as well.
#3: 1990s. Invest in real estate South America (which led me to Ecuador).
#4: 2000s. Invest real estate, China, India and emerging markets.
#5: Always have an expansive view.
#6: Use stop losses during peaks.
#7: Have an international investment view. Never overextend. Don’t trade too much, just hang on.
This philosophy has reaped millions for Merri and me. Had we been more expansive we would have an extra $20 million or so. Some day I’ll write about my seven biggest mistakes. They cost me at least $20 million and were all from selling too soon and/or not hanging on.
Tip #2. Trade really short term. I am not a trader but for those who do this well, these turbulent times can be best. Traders make money from market and currency moves up and down. Down markets move faster and reap larger profits in a short time than upward moves. Since this is not my realm, let’s not say more. If you are a trader, you know it. If not avoid this tip. The few traders who do well do so at the expense of the rest of us.
Tip #3. Turn your passion to profit. Many people are so miserable at work that they would happily abandon their jobs if they had enough money to feel rich.
In reality, money is not richness or wealth. This requires a state of mind instead. One way to develop this everlasting wealth is to create a PIEC experience.
PIEC is an acronym for “Personal Income Earning Corridor”. This is the personal concept Merri and I use.
Traditionally people get jobs to create income. They work to live and support their lifestyle while attempting to spend less than they earn. Maybe the savings will bring, some time in the future, a lifestyle of doing something enjoyable without work.
PIEC investors reverse the priorities. Instead of working for money to save and invest. They focus their prime effort on doing something they enjoy right now. Then they learn how to enjoy the effort in some profitable way. They learn to create “Avenues of Abundance” that combine lifestyle with the necessary task of accumulating wealth.
For example, if a PIEC investor loves golf; instead of working six days a week, 50 weeks a year just to golf on Sundays and during short vacations, instead he’ll create a business in some aspect of the golfing trade.
In another example, a client of mine, who loved animals became a vet. But he learned that the vet’s lifestyle was not one he enjoyed. He wanted to travel and move around, which is difficult for a professional who needs to stay at his office and build a practice. So he built a business that prepares special animal foods for race horses. Now he travels globally visiting horse breeders and makes much more money as well.
PIEC investors combine money with time, energy and desires. They generate income doing something desired. Desire and fulfillment become at least as, if not more, important as the money.
Do What You Love!
The reason PIEC investing works well is that when we love to do something, we do it better, for longer and with greater enthusiasm.
These are wealth building attributes that cannot fail. Yet PIEC investing does not mean we should suddenly abandon our jobs and try becoming golf pros, when we have never been able to break 100. Smart PIECS often require a gradual approach.
For example, as a writer and lecturer, I was never fully satisfied sitting behind a desk or standing on a podium all day long, even though I was making over a million bucks a year. I’m the physical, outdoors type and yearned for exercise and the wilds of the deep woods. “What good’s the money if this isn’t fun?” I often asked myself.
Rather than quit writing and teaching, I looked for ways to combine these professions with the outdoor life. Through research I learned that many like myself yearn to be in the primitive outdoors. So we bought an isolated farm high in the Blue Ridge Mountains and an Andean plantation high in Ecuador where I am developing seminar centers with charming but simple dwellings, set in rustic surroundings, with clean water and pure air. Now I can teach in a primitive setting and after I finish the writing or talking, I run up into the woods with an axe and clear another cabin site or something physical like that. I’ve combined my writing with physical work and have blended the life I want, with my readers’ needs in a way that makes great financial sense. The cabins are projected to bring more profits than most stocks or bonds could ever return.
Those who work nine to five can start PIEC businesses part time if they are too uneasy to quit their jobs. Others, who like myself, already have a business can slowly shift their product or service in a sensible way and let it evolve toward their PIEC.
International Investing Power in Leverage
Then if you really want to increase your returns, leverage the investment.
Learn how leverage pushed up our model portfolio 214% in nine months. See https://www.garyascott.com/catalog/bldh
Finally invest in good health. You can see in the passport photo above how I was gravity challenged on the scales! At 21 my weight was 220 pounds (I have to stretch to do 5”8”), three packs of camels a day and way too much beer. Here is Merri and me, about to take a hike on my 60th birthday. We make it a priority not to have too much stress, get good nutritional and plenty of exercise. Good global profits are not worth much if you cannot enjoy them!
Live Anywhere – Earn EverywhereHow to Gain Extra Freedom – While Almost Everyone Loses Theirs. Profit from post COVID-19 trends.
I invite you to join Merri and me in expecting the world to get better… to live and earn based on that expectation but… to also prepare for bad times as well as good.
Just in case… the world goes sideways… we will still survive and prosper.
We do not give up anything much. We can enjoy the good parts of the new economy, as we protect ourselves from what can be bad.
For example in my report “Live Anywhere-Earn Everywhere”, you’ll see how to make your dining room table bring you more control, more time, more income and more freedom. After all, what can be more accessible than a dining room table?
Dining room tables we worked from (and we also sold the tables for a profit).
You’ll even learn how to turn dining room tables into income and tax deductions as we have with these dining room tables we build out of local wood.
Let me be clear. I expect that the world will get better, at least for the few who adapt and avoid the dangers that the changes from the COVID pandemic will bring.
The wealth of the world, albeit with inequality, will continue to grow. This collapse of the global economy will bring an incredible new opportunity for those who know what to do. Thes profit making avenues offer enormous income potential and even work well in disaster scenarios.
Let me provide one simple, concrete example. Ginseng.
This is a great health root. The demand is growing especially in China. At times good dried Ginseng sells for $1,000 a pound! This is an incredible and easy crop to grow. The less care you give it, the more valuable it can become. Yet if everything goes south, the health qualities will be good to have and make it an excellent barter item. Once you know what to do with ginseng, it’s easy to grow in your back yard.
Even better one of the best kept secrets is that ginseng and 125 other medicinal crops that are currently unsustainable but can be grown on land that is extraordinarily cheap.
Ginseng we grew in our back yard. I know about growing ginseng through experience and explain why and how in the report “Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere”.
Loquats are another example of an easy to grow crop that help promote natural health.
Here I am by one of the many loquat trees at our Florida farm.
Loquats are a great fruit for making jam and such, but the loquat leaf has amazing medicinal qualities. Its is a registered medicine in China and due to its anti viral and respiratory system enhancing qualities has an especially growing demand right now. The images below from Amazon.com show that the leaves sell for about a dollar per leaf!
I have many trees on the farm but started growing loquat seedlings last year.
Loquat leaf tea has become really important during the pandemic due to its respiratory strengthening qualities.
I have been drinking a lot of home made loquat leaf tea during the pandemic.
The report “Live Anywere-Earn Everywhere” shows specific places that reduce your living expenses, easily increases your income, makes you smarter, healthier and provides tax benefits as well.
There are specific places where property is especially inexpensive, now because previous owners do not know about the special qualities created by the pandemic.
Learn about these specific places. More important learn what makes these places special and seven freedom producing steps that you can use to find other similar spots of opportunity.
Here are some of the experiences this report shares:
The report includes a tax and career plan broken into four age groups, before you finish school, from age 25 to 50 – age 50-to 65 and what to do when you reach the age where tradition wants you to re-tire. (Another clue-you do not need to retire and probably should not).
The report is very specific because it is about what Merri and I, our children and even my sister and thousands of our readers have done and are doing.
Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere focuses on a system that takes advantage of living in Smalltown USA, but earning globally.
- Learn about the magic of the north facing slope. This is where Merri and I live almost half of our time. North facing mountain land is some of the least expensive in the world but has hidden values that the report reveals. There is a lot of this land and a lot of hidden value that you can tap. When we bought our Blue Ridge farm (252 acres) I mentioned this to my Swiss banking friend. “That’s bigger than the entire village where I live!” was his response. Smalltown USA offers a last chance at having a lot of space. By living in two Smalltown places there are enormous tax advantages as well. One step in the system saves Merri and me over $28,345 in taxes a year.
The report shows how to buy cheap north facing slopes and create an income producing tiny home for $29,000 or less.
If you lack the $29,000 to invest, a start up using tents is even less. These are tipis we put up at our farm before we built our first tiny home. Learn how they can create tens of thousands of dollars in income for you.
- See ways that small businesses like Tipi rentals can be enhanced by the pandemic but also create BIG tax savings as well as extra income. For more than 30 years Merri and I have enjoyed a strong six figure income, some years more, in the millions. Yet there have been very few years when we had to pay federal income tax. The report lays out a three structure program and how it is used when you are in school (up to age 30), then from 25 to 50, 50 to 70 and beyond 70. Learn why Chapter C corporations and pensions can be better than the normally recommended Chapter S. See how new mileage log rules gives you a possible opportunity to increase your tax deductions using IRS Form 4562. Using a two-vehicle strategy you can gain $12,976 in new deductions even if you do not have to drive one mile further or spend one additional penny on your car.
- See how a greenhouse can help you eat better and be healthier, plus provide income and a tax deduction and be funded by a government grant.
Our North Carolina greenhouse.
Our Florida greenhouse.
- There are similar benefits from having a second home office defined in IRS publication 463 and IRS publication 587, even if your desk is a dining room table. The report also shows how your dining room table can become an actual income producer as its creates a huge tax deduction at the same time, not to mention a great place to eat, work and lay out plans for a brighter, safer more lucrative and enjoyable future.
- Living in this environment is also healthier, economically as well as physically. You’ll see in the report how researchers at Harvard found an amazing correlation between living in conditions found on north facing slopes, longevity and mental health. The researchers were quite surprised by this strong correlation that also extended into mental health. In addition to feeling better, reducing stress and having more Joie de Vivre the places outlined in “Live Anywhere-Earn Everywhere” can help you avoid hospitals, high cost disease management (aka health care) and BIG pharma while providing an investment opportunity in three plants that have some of the fastest growing demand in natural health care. These three plants are just one of seven business opportunities that can create multiple streams of income.
- How changes in cell phone and internet technology eliminated the need to be in one place. An old law that creates new opportunity for small business in small towns is available to everyone.
- Use the specific search and purchase guide. Construction plans are included that show how to generate first tier income that leads to five, second tier avenues of earnings.
- How to pay off old debt and avoid new debt by avoiding spurts and embracing value.
- Learn seven skills that will always have value. See how to turn First Aid, medicinal plants, hospitality, food, trees, alternate energy and writing to sell into everlasting, low stress wealth.
This pond we created at our farm brought us pleasure but also helped create a safe, healthy food supply, extra income and a tax deduction as well.
This may be the most important report I have written in 50 years. The information is certainly the most urgent. Do not delay. The risks are upon us right now and you’ll understand how the final steps of the alliance are taking place as you read the current news.
To take any risk out of gaining this urgent information with my full satisfaction or money back guarantee. If you are not totally happy, simply let me know. I guarantee you can ask for a full refund any time within 60 days and I’ll refund your payment in full, no questions asked.
You can keep the reports as my thanks for ordering it.