Over the past year, this site have focused on trends. Spotting trends is the wellspring of wealth. Nothing is as important to successful investing and business as spotting good trends. “Cultural Creatives” are one of the biggest trends we may ever see.
I am updating my publishing course and this is the fourth message in a series that unveils one brand new lesson from this course which is how to be self fulfilled through Self Publishing. This lesson highlights why understanding Cultural Creatives (who by the way we call Dragonflies) is so vital to our economic success.
Here is the fourth part of this lesson of Self-Fulfilled-How to be a Self Publisher. (You are the very first to see this new material.)
You can read part one, two and three of this series, which introduces the Book Cultural Creatives by Paul Ray PH.D, Sherry Anderson PH.D. and tells who Cultural Creatives are.
Traditionals find the following important:
- Patriarchs should again dominate family life.
- Feminism is a swear word.
- Men need to keep their traditional roles and women theirs.
- Family, church and community are where you belong.
- The conservative version of their own particular religion must be upheld.
- Customary and familiar ways of life should be maintained.
- It is important to regulate sex-pornography, teen sex, extramarital sex and abortion.
- Men should be proud to serve their country in the military.
- All the guidance you need in life can be found in the Bible.
- Country and small town life is more virtuous than big city or suburban life.
- Our country needs to do more to support virtuous behavior.
- Preserving civil liberties is less important than restricting moral behavior.
- Freedom to carry arms is essential.
- Foreigners are not welcome.
So the shifts in my focus touched some raw traditional nerves as well. Meditation comes from forbidden places like India and Tibet. Foreign ideas are not welcome. One reader asked me if I could promise if the devil would not grab his soul while he was meditating. Now tell me, how do you honestly answer that?
CCs on the other hand find the following important:
- Nature and its destruction.
- Problems with the whole planet such as global warming, destruction of the rain forests, overpopulation, lack of ecological sustainability and exploitation of the poor.
- They would pay more taxes if the money would be used to clean the environment.
- Developing and maintaining relationships.
- Helping others and bringing out other’s unique gifts.
- Volunteering for good causes.
- Psychological and spiritual development.
- See spirituality or religion as important but concerned about Religious right.
- Equality of women.
- Violence and abuse of women and children.
- Politics should spend more on education, neighborhoods and sustainable future.
- Concerns about the left and right of politics as well as the mushy middle.
- Optimism for the future and distrust media’s negativity.
- Creating new and better ways of life.
- Concerned about big business’s focus on profit over environment, downsizing and human exploitation.
- Having finances under control.
- Dislikes overspending, conspicuous consumption and “making it”.
- Likes exotic and foreign people, places and other ways of life.
Gosh, when I suggested that investors look for ethical investments in exotic, foreign places that helped the poor, saved the environment and made profit, these people loved me! I received some of the nicest letters from them thanking me so much for helping them. This came from (not surprisingly) about 26%.
Wow. This is important stuff, especially if you are trying to sell books or reports or courses. Frankly we could quit this lesson now. You could go get the book, the Cultural Creatives by Paul H. Ray PH.D.and Sherry Ruth Anderson PH.D, read it and probably be ahead.
But I am on a roll here with a story to tell.
You can read this story in the next installment this Friday, August 27. Don’t miss it. Until then, good investing!