Over the past year, this site have focused on trends. Spotting trends is the wellspring of wealth. Nothing is as important to successful investing and business as spotting good trends. “Cultural Creatives” are one of the biggest trends we may ever see.
I am updating my publishing course and this is the third message in a series that unveils one brand new lesson from this course which is how to be Self-Fulfilled through Self Publishing. This lesson highlights why understanding Cultural Creatives (who by the way we call Dragonflies) is so vital to our economic success.
Here is the third part of this lesson of Self-Fulfilled-How to be a Self Publisher. (You are the very first to see this new material.)
You can read part one and two of this series, which introduces the Book Cultural Creatives by Paul Ray PH.D, Sherry Anderson PH.D. and tells who Cultural Creatives are.
Back to the book where it describes what is important to each of the three subcultures, the Moderns, Traditionals and Cultural Creatives.
Moderns find the following things important:
- Making or having a lot of money.
- Climbing the ladder of success with measurable goals.
- Looking good or being stylish.
- When the going gets tough the tough go shopping.
- Having lots of choices.
- Being on top of the latest innovations, trends and styles.
- Supporting economic and technological progress at a national level.
- Rejecting the values of native peoples and rural people, Traditionals, New Agers and religious mystics.
Moderns also have the following assumptions:
- It is flaky to be concerned about your inner or spiritual life.
- You have the right to be entertained by the media.
- Your body is pretty much like a machine.
- Most organizations lend themselves to machine analogies.
- Either big business or big government knows best.
- Bigger is better.
- Time is money.
- What gets measured gets done.
- Setting goals is very important.
- Analyzing things into their parts is the best way to solve problems.
- Science and engineering are the models for truth.
- Efficiency and speed are top priorities.
- The mainstream media’s awe for the rich is correct.
- It makes sense to compartmentalize your life into separate spheres, work, family, making love, education, politics, religion.
So talking about meditation and money was pretty flaking in the Modern’s view. Even more so I disturbed their assumptions by actually connecting, the ideas of mind, body (and forgive me for this grave sin) the soul, to making money!
Next message in this series highlights the Traditionals. Look for it this Weds. August 25. Until then, good investing!